Batman Unlimited is the title to the fan sequel of the original Burton/Schumacher batman film series. Meant to be an improved finale over the much maligned Batman & Robin. Returning to the darker roots of the series.
- Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne/Batman: Late in his career the villains of the city were no longer afraid of him, and didn't take him as seriously anymore since he had stopped killing and was much more of a public figure. Bruce retired from being Batman but years later when the Riddler escapes from Arkham Asylum he decides to don the suit one more time to take down his old enemy once and for all.
- Chris O'donnell as Dick Grayson/Nightwing: After Bruce retired from being Batman, Dick became his own hero as Nightwing and began his watch of the city. He is married to Barbara and they have a daughter together.
- Alicia Silverstone as Barbara Grayson: Dick's wife who has retired being a superhero to take care of her and Dick's daughter.
- Michael Gough as Alfred Pennyworth: Alfred is now in his nineties but still serves Bruce faithfully.
- Kim Basinger as Vicki Vale: An award winning photojournalist who returns to Gotham to cover a press conference being done by Bruce Wayne. Bruce tries to re-connect with Vicki, but finds out that she is married to Alexander Knox.
- Robert Wuhl as Alexander Knox: Knox is still a reporter and is now married to Vicki Vale. He can tell that she still has feelings for Bruce.
- Michelle Pfeiffer as Selina Kyle/Catwoman: Selina went into hiding since the events of Batman Returns. But she decides to don her Catwoman persona once again when she hears about the return of Batman.
- Jim Carrey as Edward Nygma/Riddler: Edward has been locked up in Arkham Asylum since the events of Batman Forever. Dr. Jonathan Crane eventually became his psychiatrist. Edward managed to convince Crane to help him escape and become a super villain. Riddler helps him become the Scarecrow and together they plan on spreading Crane's fear toxin through Gotham. Ever since his mind snapped at the end of Forever and Crane's toxin being used on him, Nygma's mind is fully shattered and much darker than before.
- Steve Buscemi as Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow: A psychiatrist at Arkham who's been testing a fear toxin he's made on the inmates including the Riddler, Mr. Freeze, and Poison Ivy. Riddler manages to convince him to help him escape, and with his help becomes a super villain as well: the Scarecrow. Together they plan on spreading his fear toxin throughout the city.
- Jack Nicholson as Joker: The Joker returns after death in the form of a hallucination created by Scarecrow's fear toxin.
- Danny DeVito as Penguin: Like the Joker, Penguin haunts Bruce as a hallucination.
- Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face: Two-Face also returns as a hallucination like Joker and Penguin.