A television series centered around a young Bruce Wayne in his training to become Batman, as well as focusing on other characters from the Batman mythos.
- Bruce Wayne: After his parents are murdered by a mugger Bruce vows to stop others from facing that kind of pain. Over the course of the show he trains in several skills to help him eventually become Batman.
- Alfred Pennyworth: The loyal butler of the Wayne family who raised Bruce after the murder of his parents.
- Harvey Dent: An old friend of Bruce Wayne in his childhood who is now in law school. He tries to act very out going, but hides issues he has with his father.
- Ethan Bennett: Another childhood friend of Bruce that dreams of becoming a cop after he Bruce and Harvey in their youth vow to try and stop crime.
- Roman Sionis: A third childhood friend of Bruce who faces parental problems, and was initially forced to be friends with Bruce.
- Vicki Vale: A young college reporter who has feelings for Bruce.
- Selina Kyle: A mysterious socialite who both Bruce and Harvey are attracted to.
- Jim Gordon: A cop in the Cotham Police Department, and one of the only good cops.
- Harvey Bullock: A rookie cop who is partners with Gordon.
- Arnold Flass: Another cop on the Gotham PD who is extremely corrupt and works on the pay role of Carmine Falcone.
- Renee Montoya: A rookie cop who went through training with Bullock, and becomes Flass' partner on the force.
- Gillian B. Loeb: The corrupt commissioner of the Gotham Police Departments.
- Jack Napier: A young and sadistic thug who is a gang member and one of the shows primary antagonists. Though he and Bruce cross paths they never truly figure out who each other are.
- Carmine Falcone: The most powerful mobster in the city.
- Sal Maroni: A younger and up and coming mobster who is challenging Falcone for control over the city.