Gotham is an American crime television series developed by Bruno Heller, based on characters published by DC Comics and appearing in the Batman franchise, primarily those of James Gordon and Thomas Wayne. The series stars Ben McKenzie as the young Gordon and Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne, while Heller executive produces along with Danny Cannon, who also directed the pilot.
- Ben McKenzie as James Gordon
- Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne
- Zabryna Guevara as Sarah Essen
- Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth
- Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot
- Erin Richards as Barbara Kean
- Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle
- Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma
- Victoria Cartagena as Renee Montoya
- Andrew Stewart Jones as Crispus Allen
- John Doman as Carmine Falcone
- Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney
(Must have 3 or more episode appearances)
- Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean
- Morena Baccarin as Leslie Thompkins
- J.W. Cortes as Alvarez
- Chelsea Spack as Kristin Kringle
- Alex Corrado as Gabe
- Makenzie Leigh as Liza
- Richard Kind as Aubrey James
- Clare Foley as Ivy Pepper
- Carol Kane as Gertrud Kapelput
- Dashiell Eaves as Kelly
- Philip Hernandez as Dr. Guerra
- Anthony Carrigan as Victor Zsasz
- Peter Scolari as Gillian Loeb
- Danny Mastrogiorgio as Frankie Carbone
- Nicholas D'Agosto as Harvey Dent
- Dash Mihok as Arnold Flass
- Milo Ventimiglia as Jason Skolimski
A new recruit in Captain Sarah Essen's Gotham City Police Department, Detective James Gordon is paired with Harvey Bullock to solve one of Gotham's most high-profile cases ever: the murder of Bruce and Martha Wayne. During his investigation, Gordon meets Thomas Wayne, the father and husband of the victims, which further compels Gordon to catch the killer. Along the way, Gordon must confront gang boss Fish Mooney, as well as many of Gotham's future villains, such as Selina Kyle and Oswald Cobblepot. Eventually, Gordon is forced to form an unlikely friendship with a new vigilante that has come to Gotham calling himself the Batman.
Season 1 (2014-2015)
- Pilot-Rookie detective James Gordon and his partner Harvey Bullock are assigned to the case of the murder of Martha Wayne (Brette Taylor) and Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz), which was witnessed by street orphan Selina Kyle. Gordon meets Thomas Wayne and promises to find the person who killed his family. Their investigation leads them to a parolee named Mario Pepper, whom Bullock shoots when he flees and attacks Gordon. They discover that Pepper had been framed, leading them to mobster Fish Mooney, an associate of Don Carmine Falcone. Mooney has them captured, but Falcone spares them upon his arrival. In exchange, Falcone orders Gordon to kill Oswald Cobblepot, a low-level member of Mooney's gang and informant for Gotham MCU investigators Renee Montoya and Crispus Allen. Gordon fakes Cobblepot's death, and tells him never to return to Gotham. Gordon and Bullock are celebrated for solving the Wayne murders, but Gordon confesses the truth to Thomas and his butler, Alfred Pennyworth. As Gordon leaves, Selina is seen lingering around the borders of Wayne Manor.
- Selina Kyle- The murder of a homeless man leads Gordon and Bullock to investigate the abductions of street kids by Patti (Lili Taylor) and Doug (Frank Whaley), who are underlings of Dr. Francis Dulmacher, A.K.A the Dollmaker, and have been posing as members of the Mayor's Homeless Outreach Program. Meanwhile, Oswald Cobblepot takes refuge in a rented trailer after his faked death, plotting his return to Gotham City. After Patti and Doug escape, with Quillinformer worker Morry Quillan (Wayne Duvall) captured, Mayor Aubrey James (Richard Kind) announces plans to help Gotham's homeless kids, which involves rounding them up and shipping them out of town. Patti and Doug return and hijack one of the buses of street kids, including Selina Kyle. After Bullock's interrogation of Quillan, Gordon obtains a clue that leads to Trident International Shipping. Gordon and Bullock arrive and catch Patti and Doug while encountering Kyle. While Thomas has plans to find a way to help the children, Gordon meets with Kyle who states that she has been watching him during his visits with Thomas and might have some information on the person who shot the Waynes.
- The Balloonman-Gordon and Bullock track a vigilante who targets corrupt Gotham citizens and nicknamed "Balloonman" for strapping his victims to weather balloons. Montoya and Allen question Gordon about Cobblepot, who returns to Gotham to get revenge on Mooney. He gets a job at Boss Salvatore Maroni 's restaurant, and is befriended by Maroni (David Zayas) himself. Mooney arranges for Falcone's lover Natalia to be disfigured in a phony mugging after Falcone's men severely beat a waiter with whom Mooney had been sexually coupled. Gordon realizes that "Balloonman" is social worker Davis Lamond (Dan Bakkedahl), who was driven to become the Balloonman because of corrupt officials refusing to aid children on the streets. He warns Gordon that more vigilantes will follow in his path. At his apartment later, Gordon receives a surprise visit from Cobblepot.
- Arkham-Gordon learns of the Arkham Plan when he visits Thomas Wayne, where Alfred mentions that Falcone and Mayor James are backing the project that will improve the Arkham District. An unnamed hitman (Hakeem Kae-Kazim) has been targeting the city council members involved in the Arkham Project. Thomas decides to go after the hitman while dressed in black and despite the pleas that Gordon makes, Batman kills the hitman by breaking his neck. After an attack on Maroni 's restaurant by three masked men, Cobblepot is promoted to restaurant manager by Maroni , following his action of saving a bag of money and the death of the previous manager. Mooney pits two female singers against each other for her nightclub job opening, with the winner being Liza. Mayor James holds a conference about the Arkham Plan, announcing that Falcone will handle small housing development projects and Maroni will be refurbishing the Asylum. Later, Cobblepot kills the three masked robbers who had attacked Maroni 's restaurant, who it turns out had been hired for just that purpose by Cobblepot himself, by serving them poisoned cannoli.
- Viper-Thomas plans to find a way to speak to the board members of Wayne Enterprises to learn their connections to the Arkham District Project. A new drug called "Viper" (which is a prototype of Venom) is hitting the street, which endows the user with super-strength, but eventually kills them. Maroni plans to rob a casino owned by Falcone, and Cobblepot reveals his past. Gordon learns that "Viper" is being distributed at a charity event held by WellZyn and Wayne Enterprises. Gordon shoots the canister on the roof and former WellZyn employee Stan Potolsky (Daniel London) is exposed, jumping off as he suggests they check out Warehouse 39, where Gordon and Bullock later find nothing. As Mooney makes plans to conspire against Falcone with her lover and Russian mob boss Nikolai, a disguised Liza visits him in the park where she shares her opera music with him.
- Spirit of The Goat-Ten years ago, a masked killer calling himself the "Spirit of the Goat" targeted the first born of Gotham City's elite. The Goat targets a girl named Shelley Lawson, which leads a younger Bullock and his partner Detective Dix (Dan Hedaya) to try and rescue her. When Lawson is found dead, they find the killer, Randall Milkie, who claims that "Randall Milkie is dead" as he tries to attack them. Milkie is shot down by Bullock after Dix falls through a trap door and ends up badly injured. Ten years later, Bullock finds Robert Hastings' daughter, Amanda, murdered by someone with the same "Goat" motive. Upon surgery, Harvey sees a penny inside her neck, Milkie's trademark, which only he and Dix knew, which meant that he was not an imposter. They find out that Hastings' psychotherapist Dr. Marks (Susan Misner) hypnotized both Milkie and the new killer to become the Goat to scare Gotham City's rich and corrupt. The "murder" of Cobblepot is also investigated, with Gordon the prime suspect as Montoya and Allen finally find a witness near the river. When they attempt to arrest Gordon and Bullock, Cobblepot enters the police station, causing friction between Bullock and Gordon.
- Call of The Cobblepot-Gordon takes Barbara to the bus station, telling her to leave Gotham. Cobblepot leads Maroni enforcer Frankie Carbone and two other henchmen to Nikolai's hideout, killing him and Carbone. The escalating mob war is put down with a land trade between the two mafia families. A drunken Bullock re-evaluates his choice for helping Gordon, and the two partners attempt to arrest the mayor and Falcone, but they give up when it is revealed that Falcone and hitman Victor Zsasz (Anthony Carrigan) have Barbara, who had come back to try and negotiate with Falcone for Gordon. As Falcone later tends to his chickens, Cobblepot visits him, and Falcone tells him that everything is going as Cobblepot predicted. In a flashback to the night they had met Gordon, it is shown that Cobblepot and Falcone had formed a deal, in which Falcone would place Gordon in charge of killing Cobblepot, giving Cobblepot a chance at surviving, and in exchange, Cobblepot would forge an alliance with Maroni , snitching for Falcone. Cobblepot tells Falcone that Mooney and Nikolai are conspiring against him.
- The Mask-Thomas goes in disguise on a surveillance mission in the seedy East End, where teenage prostitute Holly Robinson propositions him. He is drawn into a brawl with her pimp and several prostitutes, including dominatrix Selina Kyle. One of the two reporting police officers shoot him and take him in their squad car, but a dazed and bleeding Wayne maneuvers his handcuffed hands in front of himself, and demands the police get out. The cops try to subdue him, but the ensuing struggle causes the police car to careen out of control, and flips. Wayne flees, but not before dragging the police to a safe distance. He reaches Wayne Manor, barely alive, and sits before his father’s bust, requesting guidance in his war on crime. A bat crashes through a window and settles on the bust, giving him inspiration.Gordon and Bullock investigate Richard Sionis (Todd Stashwick) who is hosting an illegal and deadly fight club where the victims are those who applied for Sionis Investments. Meanwhile, Liza's loyalty to Fish Mooney begins to falter when she learns of Mooney's plan to eventually kill Don Falcone, but Mooney presses her to steal a ledger from the Falcone's office that may be used to incriminate him. When Gordon is caught at the site of the fight club, Bullock asks GCPD for help finding Gordon. After "The Mask" and those involved are arrested, Gordon is informed by Detective Alvarez that Selina was apprehended after robbing a dress store owned by Max Shreck.
- Harvey Dent-Gordon has Selina placed at Wayne Manor for her safety. During a prison transport from Blackgate Penitentiary to St. Mark Psychiatric Hospital, insane bomb maker Ian Hargrove (Leslie Odom Jr.) is taken by the Russian mob, who are working against Falcone following Nikolai's death. Gordon meets with Harvey Dent, who suspects tycoon Dick Lovecraft may be behind the Wayne murders. When Gordon and Bullock find Hargrove at an abandoned metal factory, they are ambushed by Russian mob thugs who make off with Hargrove. Manipulated by Fish Mooney, the new Russian boss Gregor Kasyanov (Steve Cirbus) and his crew targets Falcone's cache of money, but when a police standoff ensues, the Russians' armored truck explodes via remote control by Butch Gilzean. Oswald visits Liza at her apartment, telling her that he knows that she is a spy for Fish and that he won't tell Falcone. At a press conference, Mayor James states that Arkham Asylum will be reopened to house the criminally insane, including Ian Hargrove. Later that night, Gordon leaves a message on Barbara's phone, unaware that she has gone back to sleeping with Renee Montoya.
- Lovecraft-Assassins led by Copperhead infiltrate Wayne Manor, but Selina escapes into the city. Alfred seeks Gordon and Bullock's help to find the pair while Thomas goes on his search as Batman. Dent suspects that Dick Lovecraft is connected to the Wayne murders and hired the assassins to cover his tracks. However, Gordon learns Lovecraft is also being targeted to hide what he knows; the assassins kill Lovecraft in a staged suicide, planting Gordon's gun at the scene. Following the armory fiasco, Cobblepot tells Falcone that Mooney has a mole in his ranks, but lies that he doesn't yet know who it is. Selina determines the assassins are after her, and she and Batman encounter Ivy Pepper. The assassins find Batman and Selina, but Selina escapes while Batman guns them all down. Selina sneaks out of Wayne Manor to go back to living on the streets. and Alfred Following Lovecraft's "suicide", Mayor James reassigns Gordon to Arkham Asylum.
- Rogues' Gallery-While working guard duty at Arkham Asylum under Dr. Gerry Lang (Isiah Whitlock, Jr.), Gordon investigates a series of attacks on prisoners with the help of Dr. Leslie "Lee" Thompkins (Morena Baccarin). Mooney discusses her plan to overthrow Don Falcone with underboss Jimmy Saviano. Saviano wants to be the new boss, but Mooney is sure she is the best candidate. Oswald Cobblepot is arrested by the police for trying to further extort some fishermen already paying protection money to Arnold Maroni . Cobblepot is bailed out by Maroni , who initiated the arrest to teach Cobblepot a lesson about hubris. Montoya breaks off her relationship with Barbara. Gordon, Bullock, and Essen discover that the person attacking prisoners was Jack Gruber (Christopher Heyerdahl), who then escapes from Arkham with his associate Aaron Danzig (Kevin McCormick), after killing several guards and Dr. Lang. Saviano tries to get Butch Gilzean to join his crew and renounce Mooney, but Gilzean kills Saviano instead.
- What The Little Bird Told Him-Jack Gruber and Aaron Danzig escape from Arkham Asylum and rampage through Gotham. James Gordon promises the Commissioner he will arrest Gruber within 24 hours. Edward Nygma learns Gruber is a former Mafia bank robber who was betrayed by Arnold vatore Maroni . Gordon and Bullock put Maroni under protective custody to use as bait to attract Gruber to the police station. Gruber and Danzig attack the station, but Gordon thwarts them by shorting out Gruber's electrical apparatus with water. Fish Mooney makes her move against Falcone by "abducting" Liza and extorting him into signing his crime family over to Mooney's gang. Falcone nearly goes through with the deal, but Cobblepot informs him that Liza is Mooney's mole. Falcone confronts Mooney, has his mercenaries take both her and Butch Gilzean prisoner, and strangles Liza to death. Cobblepot inherits Mooney's nightclub and what's left of her gang. For living up to his end of the deal, Gordon is reinstated as a detective.
- Welcome Back, Jim Gordon-Fish Mooney is tortured by Falcone's servant, but Butch Gilzean frees himself and rescues her. A homicide witness is murdered while under custody at GCPD. Gordon comes to suspect Detective Arnold Flass is behind this, and asks Cobblepot for information on Flass. Thomas asks Selina about his family's killer, but she reveals she lied about seeing the man's face to avoid being sent to juvenile hall. Nygma gives Kristen Kringle a romantic greeting card, but Flass finds it and mocks him; Kringle later apologizes to Nygma and admits she found the card thoughtful. Cobblepot sends Gordon evidence that exposes Flass' involvement in the witness' death, and Flass is arrested. Mooney and Butch confront Cobblepot at the nightclub, but Victor Zsasz arrives and recaptures Butch. Mooney escapes and lays low, but vows to take revenge against Cobblepot.
- The Fearsome Doctor Crane-Gordon and Bullock investigate a serial killer who is targeting members of a fear support group and extracting their adrenal glands. The killer turns out to be Gerald Crane (Julian Sands), the father of Jonathan Crane(Charlie Tahan); Gordon and Bullock are able to save one of his victims, but Crane evades capture. In light of Selina's recent claim of false witness towards his parents' killer's identity, Thomas absolves Gordon of his promise to find him. Mooney informs Maroni that Cobblepot has been working against him. Maroni tries to kill Cobblepot, who escapes. At the GCPD, Edward Nygma frames the medical examiner Dr. Guerra for hoarding body parts after Guerra has him suspended for his repeated corpse probing. After Guerra's suspension, Gordon informs Dr. Lee Thompkins (whom he is now dating) that a job has opened up for her as GCPD's medical examiner. Mooney tries to leave Gotham City, but is captured by mercenaries.
- The Scarecrow-Gordon and Bullock investigate Gerald Crane's background and learn his wife died in a fire that he was too scared to rescue her from; believing fear is a human flaw, he is now harvesting adrenal glands in order to create a serum that makes people confront and overcome their greatest fears. Mooney and others are imprisoned by organ harvesters; she kills the prisoners' leader and takes his place. Thomas tries to offer the mother of Rachel Dawes her old job back as a maid for Wayne Manor. Maroni speaks with Falcone and agrees to let Cobblepot live, but only until Falcone's eventual death. After using the serum on himself and losing his ability to feel fear, Crane injects his son Jonathan with a much larger dose. Batman arrives and kills Crane in a gunfight when they kidnap Rachel. Gordon vows to capture Batman figuring he was the same person who broke the neck of the hitman. Jonathan is rushed to the hospital, but the serum has sent him into a state of constant terror, and he may never stop hallucinating his greatest fear: scarecrows (formidophobia).
- The Blind Fortune Teller-Barbara returns to Gotham to find Ivy and Selina squatting in her apartment. Gordon and Lee investigate the murder of Lila Valeska, a snake dancer with Haly's Circus, and the Flying Graysons and the Lloyds are suspects. Gordon determines that Lila's son Jerome (Cameron Monaghan) is the killer; when questioned, Jerome admits he killed his mother for being a "nagging, drunken whore" and laughs maniacally. When business begins to decrease at Oswald Cobblepot's club, Zsasz brings in Butch Gilzean, who is knowledgeable about maintaining clubs and whom Zsasz has spent days torturing and reforming into a submissive servant for Cobblepot. Taking advice from Selina and Ivy, Barbara attempts to reunite with Gordon, but changes her mind after she sees him kissing Lee. Thomas holds a board meeting at Wayne Enterprises and voices concern to the executives that the company is involved with the Falcone Crime Family. John Grayson and Mary Lloyd get engaged after the dispute between the two families are resolved. Mooney manages to get a meeting with the organ harvesters' boss, and is led out of the prison.
- Red Hood-A crew of bank robbers heists a bank, they throw some of stolen money into to crowd to ensure their escape. Gordon and Bullock track down a member named Gus Floyd (Michael Goldsmith) who called himself the Red Hood, but find him dead in the hideout. After another robbery led by Carl Destro (Jonny Coyne), who took the position of the Red Hood's trademark mask, Gordon and Bullock track him to his house where they find him wounded. With information given by Destro, the police find and gun down the remainder of the gang (Peter Brensinger, Peter Albrink & Kevin T. Collins) in a shootout. Meanwhile, Oswald Cobblepot struggles from Maroni 's actions against the restaurant, but Butch uses some cops on his payroll to seize Maroni 's supplies. Fish Mooney discovers that the facility she is kept in is run by the Dollmaker. When his manager (Jeffrey Combs) tries to take her eye for organ trade purposes, she removes it herself and destroys it before passing out. Batman interrupts a dinner party attended by many of Gotham’s corrupt politicians and crime bosses, including Carmine "The Roman" Falcone to threaten their criminal organization.
- Everyone Has A Cobblepot-Gordon and Harvey Dent investigate the sudden release and reinstatement of Arnold Flass by Commissioner Loeb. Bullock reveals that Loeb has been collecting information on police officers who have committed mob murders, which Loeb uses to control and blackmail them; in Bullock's case, Loeb forced him to falsely confess to providing illegitimate evidence against Flass. Investigating a triad bookmaking office and interrogating Loeb's former partner, Gordon learns that Loeb has ties with Falcone, being in his pocket. With the help of Oswald Cobblepot, Gordon and Bullock investigate Loeb's uptown farm, where they find Loeb's psychotic daughter Miriam (Nicholle Tom) being kept in the attic. After Miriam confesses to the murder of her mother, Gordon uses that information to terminate Bullock's case by blackmailing Loeb. An old comrade of Alfred, Reginald Payne (David O'Hara), visits him in Wayne Manor and stays over night. On the next day, however, he steals some of Bruce Wayne's files, stabs Alfred to evade capture and reports to Wayne Enterprises Board of Directors.
- Beasts of Prey-Despite Gordon's warning, Thomas still goes after Reginald Payne with Selina's help. Payne confesses that he was hired by Wayne Enterprises' Board of Directors. When Payne threatens to tell the Board that Thomas is coming after them, Selina pushes Payne out a window after Thomas initially moves to but hesitate killing him. Gordon and Bullock investigate a cold case murder. Upon Nygma discovering a painting of a broken heart as the key evidence, Bullock realizes that the serial killer called "the Ogre" (Milo Ventimiglia) is behind the murder. Harvey then states that everyone who tried to investigate Ogre lost their loved ones. A flashback of a victimized girl reveals the killer's motives and him keeping her prisoner for some time, until he realizes she isn't a fit for his desire, so he kills her. Meanwhile, Oswald negotiates with a bar's owner (Barbara Rosenblat) to do business, but his real intention is to kill Maroni in this bar. Meanwhile, Fish Mooney finally meets the Dollmaker (Colm Feore), who provides her with a new sky-blue irised eye and allows her to prove herself in order to become his right hand woman. Later, Fish discovers much to her dismay that the prison facility is situated on an isolated island. Gordon discovers he has been set up by Commissioner Loeb and warns him that he will be next.
- Under The Knife-The "Ogre" calls Gordon and threatens to kill someone he loves if Gordon does not stop the investigation. Following the incident with Reggie, Thomas and Selina attend Wayne Enterprises' Charity Ball with Barbara Kean, where Selina steals keys from Sid Banderslaw (Michael Potts), one of the Wayne Enterprises executives who sent Reggie to Wayne Manor. Cobblepot allies himself with Irish hitmen in hopes of killing Maroni, but Maroni visits the club and reveals to Oswald's mother that her son is a killer. Nygma tries to protect Kristin Kringle from her abusive boyfriend Tom Dougherty, but goes too far when he stabs him to death and has a psychotic breakdown. Investigating the Ogre's first victim, Gordon, Bullock, and Essen identify the killer as Jason Lennon, who saw Gordon with Barbara at the Charity Gallery some time ago, meaning she is the target. The Ogre approaches Barbara at the Ball and brings her to his home. Fish manages to escape from the island with her loyal followers.
- The Anvil or The Hammer-Jason "The Ogre" Lennon holds Barbara captive and forces her at knifepoint to choose his next victim. Nygma disposes of Dougherty's body and forges a letter from him breaking up with Kringle. Batman sneaks into Bunderslaw's office to open his safe, but Bunderslaw was expecting Thomas and has removed the incriminating documents. Bunderslaw informs Falcone of his suspicions which is why Falcone decides to discuss this with Thomas to see if there is a connection between him and Batman. Flashbacks show how Falcone was shot one evening and how Thomas agreed to help Mario Calvi operate on his father. Thomas confesses his and Selina's murder of Reggie to Alfred. Cobblepot sends the Irish hitmen to kill Maroni, but it is a setup designed by Cobblepot to frame Falcone and start a war between the two mob bosses. Gordon and Bullock locate Lennon's apartment, but he and Barbara have already left for her parents' mansion. There, they find Barbara's parents dead, and Gordon kills Lennon after a standoff. Later, Gordon reassures Lee that he no longer loves Barbara. Maroni begins attacking Falcone's men, and Captain Essen calls all GCPD officers to remain on duty during the upcoming gang war.
- All Happy Families Are Alike-The mob war between Falcone and Maroni escalates. Cobblepot attempts to kill Falcone himself and take his place, but Gordon intervenes. As Maroni's men approach, Batman and Gordon bring Falcone, Cobblepot, and Butch to a safe house, but Fish Mooney's new gang (with Bullock and Selina Kyle amongst its recruits) take them captive. Maroni arrives, but Cobblepot manipulates him and Mooney into a dispute over mob leadership. Mooney eventually shoots Maroni dead. Gordon, Batman, Bullock, and Falcone escape in the ensuing chaos. Cobblepot fights and throws Mooney off the roof into the water, becoming Gotham's new crime lord. Barbara undergoes trauma counseling with Lee, but turns out to have been driven insane by her ordeal with the Ogre; she reveals she killed her parents and attacks Lee, who neutralizes her in self-defense. When Kristen Kringle suspects him of involvement in Dougherty's disappearance, Nygma has a paranoid outburst and speaks to a second personality. Falcone retires from the mob making Thomas wonder if there is a goodness inside of people or not.
Season 2 (2015-2016)
- "Damned If You Do"-Gordon is fired and Bullock resigns from the police. After getting advice from Thomas, Gordon works with Cobblepot, now a crime boss, to force Commissioner Loeb to reinstate Gordon as a detective and resign as police commissioner in exchange for Gordon collecting a debt from someone. During the process, Thomas arrives as Batman to kill someone in order to protect Gordon. Meanwhile, several inmates of Arkham Asylum including Barbara Kean, Aaron Helzinger, Jerome Valeska, Arnold Dobkins, Richard Sionis, and Robert Greenwood are broken out of the asylum by Theo Galavan and his enforcer, Tabitha Galavan (Jessica Luca). All but Sionis agree to join forces with Galavan; Sionis is strangled to death for his refusal. Thomas tells Alfred the truth about what he was doing before his family died.
- "Knock, Knock"-Thomas fires Alfred when the latter interferes with his exploring his father's computer, but changes his mind when Alfred agrees to work with him to confront his parents' killer. Galavan kidnaps the mayor and his group of "Maniax" begin a public murder spree for the sake of publicity. The Maniax attack GCPD and kill several police officers, including Essen; Nygma is wounded saving Miss Kringle during the massacre. Following this, Bullock rejoins the force to stop the Maniax.
- "The Last Laugh"-Gordon and Bullock search for Jerome, but discover Paul Cicero (Jerome's father) already murdered, Galavan reveals his obsession to make Gotham City like the Roman Empire. Galavan attends a charity event that Alfred, Thomas and Leslie Thompkins also attend, which turns out to be an elaborate ruse wherein Galavan kills Jerome and is perceived to be a hero; he announces his candidacy for mayor. Several Gotham citizens see Jerome's actions on television and begin having mental breakdowns.
- "Strike Force"- Nathaniel Barnes (Michael Chiklis), the new police commissioner, arrives to clean up department and end corruption. With Gordon's assistance, they recruit several aspiring police trainees from the Police Academy in order to form an elite team to accomplish that goal. Galavan kidnaps Cobblepot's mother and blackmails Cobblepot into murdering all of the other candidates so that Galavan can run for mayor unopposed. When Selina begins looking for Thomas at Wayne Enterprises, she is ordered off by Alfred because of her killing of Reggie. Shortly afterwards, Thomas meets with Galavanalavan to thank him for saving his life during the charity event and meets Tabitha. Nygma and Miss Kringle have a romantic evening together. As Cobblepot begins to have Butch quietly search for his mother, Captain Barnes directs the strike force to target Cobblepot.
- "Scarification"- Cobblepot and Butch bring a chest to Galavan in his penthouse, revealing a kidnapped Sid Bunderslaw, where Tabitha removes one of his eyes. Meanwhile, the GCPD Strike Force, led by Captain Barnes and Gordon busts one of Cobblepot's money laundering house, where they're nearly killed by a man with a rocket-propelled grenade. Galavan arrives at the GCPD, where he offers help in cleaning the GCPD's corruption in exchange for support in his candidacy. Gordon gently refuses, claiming the police and politics don't match. Tabitha visits Cobblepot to discuss their next move, which requires hiring arsonists. Gordon and Bullock ambush Bridgit on a would-be robbery, where their brothers abandon her. While she tries to back off, officer Luke Garrett (Lenny Platt) tries to restrain her, but she accidentally burns him down. She escapes with Selina but Officer Garrett later dies from the fire. Galavan again visits the GCPD, where Gordon decides to support on his candidacy. In his penthouse, Galavan is visited by Father Creel (Ron Rifkin), who hands him the knife, claiming his warriors are on the way, and Thomas Wayne will die.
- "By Fire"-After moving away from the Pike brothers and in with Selina, Bridgit Pike is abducted and further abused by the Pike Brothers after attempting to leave Gotham City. Bridgit snaps and murders the other Pike Brothers, beginning a crime spree. After a visit to Selina's hideout, Gordon and Bullock arrive at the Pike Brothers apartment where they find them dead. Theo Galavan continues to lure Thomas Wayne, this time offering to help clean up the corruption at Wayne Enterprises. Butch discovers the location of Cobblepot's mother and Cobblepot begins to rally a rescue party. Bridgit Pike is incapacitated in a struggle with the GCPD strike force, publicly announced to be dead much to the dismay of Selina. Kristen Kringle learns that Nygma murdered Officer Dougherty. In an attempt to keep Kringle from telling anyone, Nygma accidentally strangles her, killing her. Meanwhile Pike is alive but her entire body is burned. She is taken to Indian Hill, an underground division of Wayne Enterprises where inhumane experiments are secretly performed. It is stated that her suit had melted onto her, rendering her fireproof.
- "Mommy's Little Monster"-Butch leads Cobblepot to the location of his mother, where Theo Galavan and Tabitha Galavan are waiting. Now cured of his programming, Butch betrays Cobblepot and Tabitha Galavan murders his mother (who though aware of her son's activities still claims him to be a good boy), though Cobblepot manages to escape, vowing to kill Theo in revenge. Galavan, now elected mayor, convinces the GCPD and the public that Cobblepot assaulted him and Galavan has Harvey Dent obtain a warrant for Cobblepot's arrest. Gordon begins to suspect that Galavan is framing Cobblepot and tracks down Butch. In an interrogation, Butch reveals that Theo has been blackmailing Cobblepot and that he murdered Cobblepot's mother. Later that night, Theo attends his victory celebration at which the GCPD are secretly stationed, ready to capture Cobblepot if he arrives. Cobblepot and his henchmen show up, but Cobblepot is quickly ambushed by Gordon. Theo attempts to convince Gordon to shoot Cobblepot, but Cobblepot narrowly escapes. Gordon informs Theo that he is determined to expose his corruption. Elsewhere, Tabitha murders a member of the GCPD strike force. Following the death of Kristen Kringle, Nygma's mental state worsens as his split personality attempts to convince him that he enjoys getting away with murder. Both of Nygma's personalities then merge.
- "Tonight's The Night"-Theo Galavan gives Barbara permission to kill Gordon and also offers Thomas a proposition: Thomas sells his controlling position in Wayne Enterprises to Theo and, in return, Theo gives Thomas the information about his parents' killer and the culprits responsible. Barbara walks inside the GCPD and Gordon suggests he risk himself to find more information about Galavan. While en route to an unknown location on Barbara's instructions, the squad car is assaulted by Tabitha and her crew. Gordon wakes up in Gotham Cathedral, where he and Barbara were going to have their wedding before their break-up. The Strike Force discovers Gordon's location, thanks to the help of Bullock. While the Strike Force engages Tabitha's crew and rescues Leslie (who was somehow kidnapped by Tabitha), Gordon briefly fights Barbara, leading to Barbara hanging outside the church and falling, resulting in severe injuries. Following information obtained by Barbara, GCPD rescue Aubrey James from his abduction. Thomas declines Theo's proposition just as Gordon arrives and arrests Theo, who destroys the evidence on the Waynes' killer. Meanwhile, while trying to bury Kristen Kringle, Nygma discovers an injured and exhausted Penguin, who asks Nygma for help.
- "A Better Pill To Swallow"-Tabitha goes to an underground killer agency and pays to have James Gordon assassinated. Thomas decides to investigate Theo's condo for evidence a Batman only to have a run-in with Gordon. The killers arrive; Gordon and Batman manage to fend them off, but Gordon is severely injured. Police reinforcements arrive, but are eliminated by another hired killer named Eduardo Flamingo (Raúl Castillo). After coming close to killing him, Gordon arrests Flamingo, but, before being placed in his cell, Flamingo kills another officer which makes Gordon believe that what Batman is doing is a necessary evil. Meanwhile, Nygma persuades Cobblepot to move on from the death of his mother and the both of them kill one of Theo's kidnapped henchmen in celebration. The Order of Saint Dumas arrives in Gotham City.
- "The Son of Gotham"-Thomas and Tabitha are kidnapped by Tom "The Knife" (Tommy Flanagan). He manipulates Tabitha into seemingly revealing the name of Thomas' family killer after being paid by Thomas and Selina. She says that the killer's name is "M. Malone" but later claims that she lied. Galavan is released after Mayor James lies, stating that Galavan did not kidnap him, framing Penguin instead. Gordon is captured by Theo, who reveals the history of his family to Gordon, but Gordon is rescued by Cobblepot and Gabe. Alfred grows suspicious of Thomas's whereabouts and searches Theo's residence, where he is wounded in a fight with Tabitha, which he narrowly escapes. When Leslie notices Kristen Kringle's absence, Nygma is forced to lie to her, claiming that Kringle left town with Officer Dougherty. Theo breaks into Wayne Manor and kidnaps Thomas, as part of the Order of St. Dumas' plan to "cleanse" Gotham.
- "Worse Than A Crime"-Gordon wakes up in Nygma's house only to learn from Cobblepot that he is now a fugitive from the law for assaulting Theo Galavan. Gordon and Cobblepot begin making plans to break into Theo's residence and save Thomas. After finding Gordon, Leslie attempts to persuade him to turn himself to the GCPD by informing him that she is pregnant. Gordon, Bullock, Alfred, Selina, Cobblepot and his gang all arrive at Galavan's residence just as the Order of Saint Dumas is about to kill Thomas. During a clash between the Order and Cobblepot's gang in which the Order is defeated, Theo and Tabitha make their escape. Tabitha escapes and leaves Theo behind. Cobblepot convinces Gordon that Theo might never be convicted and the two take Theo to the docks and murder him. Later, Gordon finds Leslie and proposes to her. Theo's body is discovered by Wayne Enterprises, who take the corpse to Indian Hill where Fish Mooney's body also is being kept. The scientists state that Theo's body is to be experimented on by Professor Hugo Strange.
- "Mr. Freeze"-Several weeks following the death of Theo Galavan, Gordon is called in for questioning and Cobblepot is arrested. Gordon and Cobblepot lie to the police, stating that Cobblepot murdered Galavan and Gordon was not involved. Gordon is reinstated into the GCPD, while Cobblepot falsely justifies his actions as the result of mental illness. Cobblepot is sent to Arkham Asylum, where he becomes a patient of Hugo Strange (B. D. Wong), the Chief of Psychiatry. Butch takes over Cobblepot's criminal empire. Batman, Gordon, and Bullock begin investigating a kidnapping and murder spree, unaware that a scientist named Victor Fries (Nathan Darrow) is the culprit. Fries has been experimenting on freezing and re-animating humans so that he can freeze his terminally ill wife Nora (Kristen Hager) until he can find a cure for her disease. When the police target Fries as a suspect, they discover his laboratory while he's away and arrest his wife. After learning of the arrest, Victor Fries attempts to turn himself in before finally discovering which of his serums can successfully reanimate a human being. Professor Strange learns of the experiments and begins making plans to recruit Fries for Indian Hill.
- "A Dead Man Feels No Cold"-At Arkham Asylum, Professor Strange begins overseeing intensive treatments meant to reduce Oswald Cobblepot's aggressive tendencies. Upon learning that Nora is being sent to the medical wing at Arkham Asylum, Victor Fries builds an armoured suit. Fries arrives at the asylum and, after fighting through security and the police, manages to escape with Nora. Elsewhere, Thomas researches a lead, believing he has discovered that the man who killed his parents is Patrick "Matches" Malone. James Gordon deduces that Victor Fries will return to his home laboratory in order to freeze Nora and the police surround Fries' home to find that Gordon is correct. In the laboratory, Nora blames herself for the deaths that Fries has caused. Fries attempts to cryogenically freeze her, only to learn that Nora switched the formulas when he wasn't looking. Nora dies as a result. Distraught by Nora's death, Fries attempts to commit suicide by freezing himself. Fries is publicly pronounced dead, despite having survived the process. Fries wakes up in Indian Hill to discover that he can no longer survive outside of subzero temperatures. Fries meets Professor Strange, who offers him an alliance as a fellow scientist.
- "This Ball of Mud & Meanness"-Thomas receives a gun from Selina and goes on the hunt for Patrick Malone with Alfred. To get the information, Alfred is forced to fight in an underground fight club, landing Alfred in the hospital. After Thomas goes on the hunt himself, Alfred contacts Gordon and Bullock so that they can save Thomas from potentially being killed. Thomas locates Malone as Batman, who later seemingly confirms he is responsible for murdering Thomas' family. He asks Batman to kill him, however, Batman holds back at the last moment and leaves the gun behind, leading to Malone committing suicide. Later, in the cave, Alfred reads Thomas' letter about him moving to the streets with Selina to learn how to fight crime. Meanwhile, Leslie asks Gordon to investigate Kristen Kringle's sudden disappearance. When Nygma is informed, he swears under his breath that he will outsmart Gordon. After running a few more tests on Cobblepot, Hugo Strange declares him sane and releases him from Arkham, all the while stating that he still has plans for him.
- "Mad Grey Dawn"-Upon being released from Arkham Asylum when his violent nature is cured, Cobblepot visits the grave of his deceased mother. There, he crosses paths with Elijah Van Dahl (Paul Reubens). After informing Dahl that he is the son of Gertrude Kapelput, Dahl reveals that he is Cobblepot's father. Dahl had an affair with Gertrude decades in the past, but the two were separated by Dahl's disapproving family. Dahl welcomes Cobblepot into his family. Paranoid that Gordon suspects him of killing Kristen Kringle, Nygma disguises himself and begins a series of crimes that involve brain teasers. As Gordon begins solving these crimes, Nygma kills a member of the GCPD strike force, informs the GCPD that Gordon killed Galavan while pretending to be said officer, and frames Gordon for the murder. Believing Gordon murdered the officer to keep him from testifying, the GCPD arrests Gordon. After a trial, Gordon is found guilty and sentenced to Blackgate Penitentiary. Selina teaches Thomas how to survive on the streets as they steal money from Butch's nephew, with Thomas taking a massive beating from the nephew in the process. Barbara wakes from her catatonic state in Arkham Asylum.
- "Prisoners"-Gordon is adjusting to life in Blackgate Penitentiary. Warden Carlson Grey (Ned Bellamy) announces to Gordon that he will be transferred to the gen-pop quarter dubbed "the World's End," part of Grey's plan to kill Gordon. He's constantly aided by guard Wilson Bishop (Marc Damon Johnson). Gordon is told by Bullock that Lee has lost their baby and left town. Later, he is defended from attackers by convict Peter "Puck" Davies (Peter Mark Kendall), who is beaten and sent to the infirmary. In an attempt to save Gordon, Thomas meets with Falcone. Gordon's death is successfully staged and he and Puck escape. Puck dies from his injuries, while Gordon is given a safe house so he can clear his name and find Lee. Meanwhile, Cobblepot reveals his criminal past to Dahl, for which Dahl forgives him. Dahl is told by the doctor that his heart defect is infected and he has little time to live. Upset that Cobblepot may receive what they perceive to be "their" inheritance, Dahl's wife Grace and her children Sasha and Charles poison a drink for Cobblepot to ingest. However, Dahl drinks from the bottle and dies, after stating to Cobblepot his intentions of changing his will in favor of him.
- "Into The Woods"-James Gordon continues to flee the law as he tries to clear his name. When Gordon secretly approaches Nygma for help, he deduces that Nygma framed him. Nygma electrocutes Gordon into unconsciousness, but Gordon awakes just as Nygma is preparing to stuff him in a car trunk. Gordon asks Selina to report to the GCPD. Gordon follows Nygma into the woods, from where he intends to relocate Kristen Kringle's body. Nygma admits that he framed Gordon as the GCPD eavesdrops on the conversation. They arrest Nygma before he can kill Gordon. Nygma is placed in Arkham Asylum. Nathaniel Barnes offers Gordon his job back, but Gordon declines as he has other matters with which to deal. Barbara is released from Arkham Asylum after she stops showing any signs of mental illness. Following the death of his father, Cobblepot is bullied by his step-family. However, when he discovers evidence that they killed his father, his former self returns and he murders his step-family.
- "Pinewood"-Thomas, Lucius, and Alfred search through the secret files on Thomas' newly fixed computer with the goal of finding a clue as to who killed his family and why. Barbara tracks down Gordon. Claiming to be cured of her insanity, she tries to reconcile with Gordon, but to no avail. With Barbara's unorthodox assistance, Gordon discovers that the person who contracted Patrick Malone to kill Bruce and Martha Wayne is known as "the Philosopher." Thomas takes Alfred to meet Karen Jennings, a former Blackgate inmate on whom experiments were performed at Pinewood Farms, a Wayne Enterprises facility, by the Philosopher. Thomas warns her about Indian Hill, however, Victor Fries is sent to kill her. Following Jennings' death, Thomas reveals that Hugo Strange is the Philosopher. After many failed attempts, Strange finally succeeds in resurrecting someone from the dead: Theo Galavan.
- "Azrael"- Gordon questions Professor Strange about Project Chimera, which later makes Strange send Theo Galavan, now under the name Azrael, to take out Gordon. While at Arkham Asylum, Gordon bumps into Nygma in the playroom. Nygma later overhears Strange and Peabody complaining about Gordon's interference. Nygma suggests that he can help them take out Gordon, but Strange refuses his help. Thomas is told by Bullock and Gordon that there isn't enough evidence to imprison Strange. Azrael gets some memories back after looking at posters from Galavan's election. After, Gordon is in holding when the lights flicker and Azrael shows up, killing a few officers and making an unsuccessful attempt on Gordon's life. Barnes and Gordon flee to the roof, where Barnes fights Azrael with a pipe, breaks his sword, and rips off his mask, revealing Azrael's identity. In the end, Barnes is sent to the hospital and Gordon heads home, watched by Azrael from a distance.
- "Unleashed"-Together with Bullock and a crew of police officers, Gordon arrives at Arkham Asylum with a warrant to inspect Professor Strange's office. Strange is unfortunately one step in front of them, having shredded all of his documents. Nygma, in the meantime, is disturbed by what he saw at Indian Hill and realizes he needs to escape. As Commissioner Barnes is still in the hospital, Harvey Bullock becomes in charge of the GCPD. Thomas asks Selina to find a way into Arkham. Selina accepts because she wants to rescue Bridgit from Arkham, but insists she go in on her own. Gordon and Bullock arrive at Butch's mansion to talk with Tabitha, who states the sword Azrael used was fake and that the real one is located in her grandfather's tomb. They later arrive at Gotham cemetery, where they steal the sword. Azrael arrives, injuring Tabitha and escaping with the real sword. Gordon warns Alfred about Galavan just as Thomas returns to Wayne Manor. Gordon arrives and shoots Azrael multiple times, but he remains undefeated until Cobblepot and Butch arrive. Butch fires an RPG, killing Azrael.
- "A Legion of Horribles"-Selina begs to be Bridgit's servant, making use of Bridgit's alter-ego. Thomas is troubled after Selina fails to meet with him and learns of her capture. Meanwhile, Strange's project continues and he successfully resurrects Fish Mooney – the first subject to retain full memory. Thomas believes that there is a secret room in Arkham where Strange is experimenting on the dead and that the only way to be certain is if they head in themselves. Thomas, Gordon, and Fox visit Arkham to execute their plan, but their motives are revealed and all three are captured. Bruce and Fox are put in a chamber and interrogated by Nygma on Strange's behalf. Meanwhile, Gordon is brought into another room with Strange and introduced to Matt Hagen, a patient whose skin stretches more than humanly possible. Strange places him in a machine and replicates Gordon's visage onto Matt's face.
- "Transference"-Disguised as Gordon, Matt pulls the GCPD off of Arkham; however, Barbara later exposes Matt as an impostor. Strange prepares to detonate a bomb beneath Arkham and tells Ms. Peabody to transfer the patients to another facility. Mooney gains control of Peabody, but Strange starts the bomb's countdown under the White-Haired Lady's orders. With Nygma's help, Gordon and Thomas stop the bomb. Mooney escapes in a bus with Strange's other monsters, and encounters a shocked Penguin on the street; she knocks him out, prompting Butch and his gang to flee. Strange is arrested, Gordon leaves to find Lee, Thomas tells Alfred of his plans to find the secret council that wants him dead, and Bullock is trusted to protect Gotham. A homeless woman opens the abandoned bus, unwittingly releasing the monsters upon Gotham; among them is a revived Martha Wayne.
Season 3 (2016-2017)
- "Appointment In The Crime Alley"-Gordon locates Lee at Crime Alley only to discover that she has moved on with a new man in her life with disappoints him. Meanwhile, with the help of arsonists given to him by Penguin, Max Shreck plans to destroy Crime Alley and use the land as a place to build his new power plant. However, the plan would mean killing the residents or forcing them to abandon their homes. Batman and Gordon work together to foil Shreck's plan and try to prove he is a criminal. Martha lurks around Gotham City and decides to call herself 'The Joker' after regaining her memories about her son Bruce's death. Fish and her gang give an offer to Selina to join their gang. Shreck manages to escape the law by pretending to be the innocent fool, however, Gordon tells Batman that Shreck cannot escape the law forever. Cobblepot visits Edward Nygma at Arkham Asylum to figure out why Fish didn't kill him when she had the chance.
- "Vendetta"-Now that he's the new police commissioner, Bullock is assigned to ensure that convict Spider Conway is properly taken to trial in order to testify against Butch Gilzean. Unfortunately, Conway gets kidnapped along the way which is why Batman and Harvey Dent both suspect that Bullock blew up Conway's ship that was taking him from Blackgate into Gotham City. When Joey Martin is abducted, Batman realizes that the culprit is Waylon Jones, who now calls himself Killer Croc and was one of the escapees from Indian Hill. Gordon decides to become a bounty hunter in order to track down the Indian Hill escapees. Nathaniel Barnes returns from the hospital to resume his post as the police commissioner while commending Bullock for his actions.
- "Better To Reign In Hell"-Gordon has become a bounty hunter tracking down the Indian Hill escapees. Cobblepot puts a bounty on Fish and visits Nygma at Arkham Asylum, surmising that Fish has an ulterior motive. Bruce's mysterious doppelgänger lurks around Gotham City and learns of Bruce's identity from Ivy, who mistakes him for Bruce. Gordon, with the help of reporter Valerie Vale (Jamie Chung), tracks down Strange's assistant Ethel Peabody, but she is captured and killed by Fish. Fish's gang catches Ivy spying on them, but she runs and falls down a sewage pipe after being touched by a gang member who can accelerate a person's aging process. Thomas and Alfred call a meeting with the Wayne Enterprises Board of Directors, where Thomas threatens to disseminate his evidence pertaining to the cabal in charge behind the scenes, unless they contact him. The Court of Owls sends Talon to kidnap Thomas.
- "Burn The Witch"-Thomas is brought before Maria Powers, a high-ranking member of the court, whom he recognizes as the owner of various luxurious hotel chains. Powers gives orders to Thomas to cease his investigations into them, Wayne Enterprises, Indian Hill, and the deaths of his family to which he obliges in exchange for the lives of those closest to him. Ivy washes ashore as a grown woman. Fish captures Bullock and uses her powers to make him lead her to the secret facility holding Strange. Gordon makes a deal with Fish to help her escape with Strange if she hands over Bullock, and informs Cobblepot of her escape route. Cobblepot prepares to kill her but, when she reveals that she let him live because he was her greatest creation, he lets her go. The mob breaks into the facility and kills some of Fish's minions. Valerie visits Gordon about his deal with Fish, and they share a kiss. Martha kidnaps Harvey Dent's two children. Lee decides to work for the GCPD again.
- "The Killing Joke"-Harvey Dent and his wife Gilda Dent hire Gordon to find his children, who are kidnapped by the Joker. Gordon asks Thomas to help him as Batman. Gordon locates the Joker with Dent's children in Kane Manor, and goes in without any backup. Gordon is tricked into shooting Dent's daughter, as she has been taped to a chair and disguised as Joker. Joker then appears and injures Gordon before Batman arrives. Batman manages to save Gordon by resuscitating him. Batman then confronts Joker and decides to turn her over to the police instead of killing her. Lee and Mario have dinner with Mario's father, the ex-Don Carmine Falcone. Alfred and Selina go looking for Ivy.
- "Look Into My Eyes"- Hypnotist Jervis Tetch (Benedict Samuel) hires Gordon to find his sister Alice (Naian Gonzalez Norvind), an Indian Hill escapee whose blood contains a virus. Barnes offers Lee her old job back at GCPD. Cobblepot runs for mayor to clean up Gotham's corrupt system; to aid with his campaign, he has Edward Nygma declared legally sane and released from Arkham. Gordon gets into a brawl and is stitched up by Lee's new fiancé, Mario Calvi (James Carpinello), at the ER. After Alice tells Gordon she wants nothing to do with her brother, Gordon questions Tetch, who hypnotizes him into nearly committing suicide. Alice saves Gordon, who brings her into GCPD. Alfred assists Selina in robbing a bar and rescues her when she is captured. Also, Dent wants nothing to do with Batman and Gordon anymore which is why he goes to Butch Gilzean to propose an alliance.
- "New Day Rising"-Tetch hypnotizes the wrestling Tweedle Brothers to help him break into GCPD and kidnap Alice, but Gordon and Bullock track them down. Gordon finds himself still under the suicidal influence of Tetch's hypnosis; realizing his suicidal urges are connected to his issues with Lee, Gordon overcomes them and breaks the spell. Alice falls and is impaled on a pipe, leaving a grief-stricken Tetch to escape. While investigating the crime scene, Barnes becomes infected by Alice's dripping blood. Cobblepot bribes campaign officials to buy the election, but Nygma takes the money back; to Cobblepot's shock, he wins the election anyway, and realizes Nygma wanted to show him that the people genuinely want him as Mayor. Batman tries to make things right with Dent by capturing some thugs that the DA's planned a sting on, however, Dent still wants nothing to do with him since he is working with Butch in bringing down Irish mob leader Erin Mckillen.
- "Anything For You"- Cobblepot's term as mayor starts off well, but a new Red Hood Gang appears and openly challenges his authority. Nygma discovers that Butch is behind the new gang as part of a scheme to make himself Cobblepot's right-hand man again. At a celebratory party in the mayor's honor, Nygma manipulates Butch into exposing himself as the mastermind behind the Red Hoods, thus reinforcing his own position as Cobblepot's most trusted friend and ally. Barnes asks Lee about the tests on Alice Tetch's blood without revealing that he was exposed to it. Thomas hires Gordon to help him find Ivy and unfortunately, they are unable to uncover any clues to her disapearance which is why Thomas decides to tell Selina about it. Elsewhere, Jervis Tetch mourns his sister's death and plots revenge against Gordon.
- "Follow The White Rabbit"-Tetch hypnotizes several civilians into life-threatening situations, and forces Gordon to choose whom to save. Tetch later kidnaps Valerie and Lee, and again forces Gordon to make a choice; Gordon says Lee, resulting in Tetch shooting Valerie instead. Valerie is rushed to the hospital. Meanwhile, Cobblepot realizes he's in love with Nygma and plans to confess his feelings for him, but Nygma meets a woman named Isabella who reminds him of Kristen Kringle.
- "Red Queen"-Valerie recovers, but ends her relationship with Gordon, knowing he manipulated Tetch into shooting her instead of Lee. Tetch breaks into the morgue and drains the blood from Alice's corpse. He also exposes Gordon to the powerful "Red Queen" hallucinogen, causing intense hallucinations that bring Gordon to a war-torn GCPD, to a life where he is married to Lee with two children, and to an encounter with his deceased father, who encourages him to be a better protector for Gotham. Thomas brings Gordon back to consciousness. Cobblepot attempts to manipulate Isabella and Nygma into breaking off their relationship, but to no avail. Barnes loses control and attacks a suspect while questioning him over the break-in; he and Bullock learn Tetch is planning to spread the virus at the city Founders' Party, and arrest him in time. Gordon decides to honor his father by rejoining the GCPD.
- "Blood Rush"-After losing control and killing a criminal, Barnes visits Jervis Tetch at Arkham Asylum and demands to know if the virus can be cured, but Tetch says it's only a matter of time before it takes him over. Barnes begins hearing voices that urge him to kill more criminals. Lee and Mario throw an engagement party, where Barnes makes plans to turn himself in to police custody. However, his psychosis overpowers him when he learns Dr. Symon, a killer he arrested, has been released thanks to his powerful connections. Losing faith in Gotham's justice system, Barnes kills Symon and plans to murder criminals on a larger scale.
- "The Executioner"-Driven mad by the virus, Nathaniel Barnes has become a vigilante, murdering any criminals that cross his path. After Gordon becomes suspicious of Barnes, he attempts to frame Gordon for the murder of a low-level criminal, but is unable to convince the GCPD. After a showdown, Barnes is arrested and incarcerated in Arkham Asylum. After Cobblepot kills Isabella, Nygma suspects Butch Gilzean for the act; Cobblepot promises to help bring retribution to Butch. Ivy Pepper reveals herself to Thomas and Selina in her new adult form. However, she is being followed by people seeking to kill her for a necklace she stole. The three of them escape and later find the necklace's original owner dead; the necklace is revealed to contain a key.
- "Time Bomb"-Thomas learns the gang who's after the key is out to destroy the Court of Owls and is therefore not his enemy. Soon after, Talon murders the gang leader. When Mario is targeted by assassins, Falcone deduces that the Court is responsible and successfully blackmails them into ceasing their attack. Nygma kidnaps and tortures Butch and Tabitha before discovering that they are not responsible for Isabella's death; showing remorse after cutting off Tabitha's hand, he allows them to go to the hospital. After investigating the matter, Barbara realizes Cobblepot killed Isabella and plans to use the truth to stage a power grab. Gordon says one final goodbye to Lee before her upcoming wedding to Mario. When Mario sees Lee with Gordon from a distance, he bursts into a fit of rage and exhibits symptoms of the Tetch virus.
- "Beware of The Green Eyed Monster"-Infected by Alice Tetch's blood, Mario vows to make Lee hate Gordon and orchestrates a series of events to make her believe Gordon is trying to sabotage their wedding. The plan works and, just before the wedding, she vows never to see Gordon again. On their honeymoon, a deranged Mario attempts to kill an oblivious Lee, but Gordon arrives and guns him down, much to her shock. Barbara informs Nygma that Cobblepot killed Isabella because he's in love with him; after verifying this information, Barbara and Nygma plan to betray Cobblepot and usurp his power in the mob. Thomas, Selina, Alfred, and Whisper Gang leader Luka Volk use the key to open the Court of Owls' vault and steal its contents – a crystalline owl statue – but are intercepted by Talon; Selina's mother reveals herself and helps them kill Talon.
- "Ghosts"-n the wake of Mario's death, a vengeful Falcone sends Zsasz to kill Gordon; however, after seeing what the virus has done to Barnes, Lee realizes Gordon may have been justified and persuades Falcone to call off the hit. Unhinged by ghostly sightings of his father, Cobblepot insults Gotham's citizens on live TV and murders his Deputy Chief of Staff, unaware that Nygma is orchestrating his downward spiral. Selina accepts her mother Maria (Ivana Miličević) back into her life, but later learns Maria owes money to criminal Cole Clemons. Investigating the discovery of a briefly reanimated corpse, Gordon and Bullock pursue ex-Indian Hill employee Dwight Pollard (David Dastmalchian) as he prepares to get the Joker to escape from Arkham Asylum.
- "Smile Like You Mean It"-Dwight cuts off Joker's face and wears it as a mask while he leads a cult of fanatics to take over a news station. GCPD stops the cult, but Joker awakens belatedly at GCPD Headquarters and abducts Dwight. Nygma, Barbara, and Tabitha manipulate Cobblepot into believing the other crime bosses have turned against him. Thomas agrees to pay Maria's debt to Cole, but Selina becomes furious upon discovering the whole thing was a con Maria and Cole ran together, and that Thomas even suspected this but didn't want Selina to learn the painful truth. After reattaching his face, Joker ignites explosives that kill Dwight and knock out Gotham's power, causing a citywide blackout.
- "The Gentle Art of Making Enemies"-During the blackout, the GCPD struggles to contain the riots committed by both Jerome's followers and random citizens gone corrupt. Thomas tracks down Joker to the circus as Batman. Accompanied by Alfred, Gordon and Bullock lead the GCPD Strike Force to the circus. Batman fights Joker in a house of mirrors, and resists the urge to kill him; Joker is then subdued and sent back to Arkham Asylum by Gordon, restoring order to the city. Barbara, Tabitha, and Butch threaten Cobblepot into helping them find and kill Nygma; realizing he truly loves him, Cobblepot refuses. Nygma then reveals that it was all a ruse to make him realize he is incapable of love. Despite Cobblepot having proven otherwise, Nygma shoots him and drops him into Gotham Harbor. Gordon is reunited with his uncle Frank (James Remar), who is secretly a member of the Court of Owls.
- "How The Riddler Got His Name"-Gordon reconnects with his uncle Frank, who attempts to have him join the Court of Owls. Nygma attempts to build a name for himself by sending the police on goose choices while also picking Lucius Fox as his potential arch-nemesis. Dent has a choice whether to ask Butch Gilzean or Batman for help in bringing down the Riddler. Dent chooses Batman, however, Thomas wants Dent to help him bring down Butch Gilzean and Dent agrees by having the Strike Force raid an abandoned chemical plant. Unfortunately, Butch causes an explosion damaging half of Harvey's face sending him into a coma. After speaking to hallucinations of Cobblepot, Nygma decides to let him go and embraces his new persona as the Riddler. Meanwhile, Cobblepot wakes up in Ivy Pepper's apartment after surviving the gunshot wound.
- "These Dark & Delicate Obsessions"- Thomas is summoned by Selina through a letter, but she denies sending the letter and orders him to stay away from her. Thomas later realizes the letter was sent by a talon, who drugs him and sends him to a faraway dungeon. After fully recovering, Cobblepot attempts to build an army to take back power from Nygma, Barbara, Tabitha and Butch. He calls Gabe, who betrays and attempts to auction him, but Ivy uses her perfume to rescue him and Cobblepot kills Gabe in retribution. At the dungeon, a Shaman gives Thomas hallucinogens that cause him to relive the night of his family's murder, and soon after he begins his training. After learning a weapon is being transported to Gotham, Gordon investigates the Court of Owls further and realizes his father's death was a hit organized by Frank. Frank is ordered to kill Jim, but he instead commits suicide and Jim decides to meet with Joseph and Maria Powers.
- "The Primal Riddle"-After being tipped off by Barbara about the Court of Owls, Nygma goes on a vendetta to solve the riddle of who controls Gotham. Nygma takes Mayor Aubrey James hostage, televising a threat to end his life if he does not learn the identity of the Court. Gordon arranges a meeting with Nygma at GCPD Headquarters, and convinces Nygma to have him escorted to the Court himself; in exchange, Gordon takes the place of the deceased Frank Gordon in the Court. Cobblepot and Ivy recruit Victor Fries and Bridgit Pike for the army that he plans to use against Nygma. Shreck discovers that Selina has stolen from him and attempts to kill Selina by by pushing her out of a window when Selina discovers evidence of Shreck planning to build a power plant to drain all of Gotham's power.
- "Light The Wick"-Ivy visits Selina in the hospital and uses her plants to heal her injuries; Selina recovers and heads off to get revenge on Shreck. Lee rules Frank's death a homicide and attempts to have Gordon questioned, but when she suspects Bullock and Lucius are helping Gordon evade justice, she resigns from the GCPD. The Court of Owls kidnaps Barnes and forces Hugo Strange to harness the Tetch virus from his blood; with Strange's assistance, Gordon learns the Court intends to release the virus onto Gotham and discreetly works with Cobblepot to prevent a group of socialites from being exposed. Thomas manages to overcome his rage during his training, and the Shaman deems him ready to return to Gotham and embrace his power. Cobblepot is imprisoned in the Court's headquarters with Nygma. After deeming Gordon a traitor, Maria Powers orders Barnes to kill him.
- "All Will Be Judged"-Selina gets her revenge on Shreck by tricking his son Chip into drowning in cement when Chip attempts to cover up his father's crimes. At a hideout near Gotham, the Shaman purges Thomas of the pain of his family's deaths and places him under his control, telling him of his mission to destroy the Court. Cobblepot and Nygma reluctantly work together to escape the Court, but resume their feud afterward. Gordon and Bullock discover that the Court's crystal owl statues contain maps of marked locations in Gotham. Gordon and Alfred interrogate Maria for Bruce's whereabouts, but Barnes attacks GCPD and beheads her before she can reveal anything. Gordon shoots off Barnes' left hand; Barnes is captured but escapes again. Using the crystal owl that Thomas stole, GCPD finds several locations where Thomas might be. After speaking with Jervis at Arkham and realizing she is the one to blame for Mario's death, Lee steals a vial of the Tetch virus from the GCPD and injects herself with it.
- "Pretty Hate Machine"-After taking the virus, Lee buries Jim alive in a coffin with his only escape being the Tetch virus. Lee goes to the GCPD to taunt them with a CB radio and ends up locked up in a cell. Jim eventually runs out of oxygen and has no choice but to inject the virus into his body in order to save himself and attempt to save the city from the Alice Tetch virus. The Shaman, who has executed the remaining Court of Owls prepares Thomas to detonate the bomb from Wayne Enterprises. Alfred interrogates Hugo Strange and learns Thomas's location, and tells Harvey he thinks the bomb is at the nearby train station. Alfred then arrives at Wayne Enterprises and kills the Shaman, who, in his last words, redirects Thomas to "the Demon's Head", while the bomb, which was triggered when the Shaman grabbed Bruce's hand, unleashes the virus across the city. Meanwhile, Cobblepot, who is held at his death by Nygma, is taken away by Fish Mooney, who comes to claim him.
- "Disbanded"-Luka Volk confronts Thomas about his sudden behavior and while under his conditioning, Thomas makes arrangements for the Whisper Gang to takeout Shreck. Alfred tries to talk Thomas out of it by using their friendship but to no prevail. Bullock even agrees that Max Shreck needs to go and allows the Whisper Gang to steal diabetes medicine, before they are stopped by Alfred, Gordon, and the Strike Force. Gordon, Alfred, and the Strike Force takeout the Whisper Gang and save hostages that Luka had taken as leverage. In flashbacks, Thomas and Luka both plan a heist to help sick children in Kiev, Ukraine.
- "Destiny Calling"-Fish kidnaps Strange and manages to find the antidote to the virus but she is murdered by the infected Gordon and the antidote is destroyed. A mourning Cobblepot is arrested by the GCPD after being attacked by the League of Shadows' ninjas. However, Gordon offers to trade Cobblepot to Nygma in exchange for Tetch, whose blood is needed to formulate an antidote. Meanwhile, Barbara has Tetch kidnapped in order to forcibly get his help in reversing the effects of the virus. Thomas escapes from police custody when they are overwhelmed by the infected and seeks out Ra's Al Ghul, who has Thomas prove his worth by impaling Alfred with a sword through his chest.
- "Heavy Dirty Soul"-After killing Alfred, Thomas breaks free from his conditioning and revives him with the waters of the Lazarus Pit, while Ra's escapes. Barbara, Butch and Tabitha track down Nygma after he takes the kidnapped Tetch to trade with Gordon, who begins to feel the effects of the virus. Cobblepot captures Nygma and has him frozen and kept as a trophy. Barbara shoots Butch in the head before being electrocuted by Tabitha. A comatose Butch is placed in hospital, his birth name being revealed as Cyrus Gold. Cobblepot also makes plans to open a new nightclub called "The Iceberg Lounge". Tabitha becomes a mentor to Selina and teaches her how to use a whip. Using Tetch's blood, an antidote is synthesized, and Gordon and Lee are cured. With Gotham cured from the virus, Lee leaves Gotham and leaves a letter for Jim. Thomas decides to give up being Batman and Dent awakens from his coma in the hospital.
Season 4 (2017-2018)
- "Emperor Penguin"-In the aftermath of the Tetch virus incident, Penguin has regained control of Gotham's underworld and begun issuing "Licenses of Misconduct;" every criminal who possesses one can commit a "legal crime," though not approved by Gordon and Thomas. Selina and a reluctant Tabitha agree to a license. A group of unlicensed criminals led by Merton and Grady Harris decide to defeat Penguin, releasing Jonathan Crane from Arkham to help them produce his father's fear toxin. Knowing that he cannot help, Gordon asks Thomas to become Batman again. The night Penguin opens the Iceberg Lounge, the Harrises are captured before they can attack the party but, when Penguin decides to execute them, Ivy turns on him and cuts the power. Merton uses the fear toxin on Penguin before being arrested by Gordon. The toxin makes Penguin see an escaped Nygma. Thomas steals the list of licensed criminals, but is then found on the scene of a robbery by the GCPD. Grady, who escaped from the party, returns to Crane's house, but discovers Jonathan has adopted a new persona, calling himself "The Scarecrow" and spraying Grady with fear gas.
- "The Fear Reaper"-Gordon frees Thomas. Penguin gives the former 24 hours to apprehend Crane in order to prove GCPD is still efficient in Gotham. With no support from the other cops, even Bullock, and due to Thomas having lost his edge, Gordon goes to Arkham alone and fights off dozens of inmates influenced by the fear toxin, and eventually himself. He walks into a hallucination and sees a dying Lee, but successfully overcomes his fear and uses water to nullify the inmates' fear, forcing Crane to escape. Penguin mocks the GCPD and offers the policemen his own payroll. Gordon decides to seek Falcone's help to defeat Penguin. Meanwhile, Selina and Tabitha meet with a presumably demised Barbara, who asks them into her weapon trade business, on which Penguin later forces his License. After being convinced of Barbara's sincerity, Tabitha and Selina decide to join. Ivy robs a potion store and drinks various ones, turning feral.
- "The Man Behind The Mask"-In Arabia, AD 125, a deceased warrior is taken from the battlefield and placed into a healing pool known as the Lazarus Pit; once revived, the future Ra's is tasked by his master to find his future heir and given a ceremonial knife. In modern-day Gotham, the knife is sold at auction by Penguin; Thomas, playing a selfish rich man, outbids Barbara for it. She is revealed to have been revived by Ra's and tasked with retrieving the knife. She sends Selina to convince Thomas to yield it, but to no avail. Barbara seduces Ra's. Jim visits Carmine, who declines his request, revealing his imminent demise. His daughter Sofia, however, comes to Gotham to help Gordon after they share a kiss. Ed is stolen from the Lounge by one of Penguin's employees, Myrtle Jenkins, who was a former classmate of Ed's and is a current follower. Ed finds that his brain has suffered, such that he is not able to answer even children's riddles. Penguin has Myrtle killed to make an example and Ed wanders around the city, angry to learn that Penguin is in control again.
- "The Demon's Head"-Thomas has antiquist Niles Winthrop and his grandson, Alex, study the knife. Ra's later shows up and kills Niles, forcing Alex to escape with the knife. Bruce tells Jim about the knife. They find Alex and are attacked by Ra's' psychotic enforcers. Thomas and Alex escape the scene. Ra's visits the GCPD as a Nanda Parbat official before Alfred arrives and tells Jim about the previous activities of Ra's, who escapes. Alex and Thomas return to Niles' museum, where the former has hidden the knife. After recovering it, the enforcers attack them just as Jim arrives and kills one while luring the other away. Ra's holds Alex hostage, demanding the knife, which Thomas deems too important. An impressed Ra's kills Alex and is arrested, implied to be part of his scheme. Meanwhile, Cobblepot threatens Sofia against contemplating a takeover. He uses her to trap and execute Falcone loyalists, completely trusting Sofia, who tells Jim that it was all part of her plan. Ed spends hours to make petty riddles to defy Cobblepot, who convinces Ed that he is no longer the Riddler, sparing Ed's life for more humiliation.
- "The Blade's Path"-Following Alex's funeral, the memories of his son Bruce and Martha dying, and learning that Ra's has applied for diplomatic immunity, Thomas takes the knife and vows to kill him at Blackgate as Batman. Ra's says goodbye to Barbara after giving her an unknown mystical power. Upon arriving, Batman is ambushed by Ra's and the League posed as COs. When Alfred reports him missing to Gordon, they arrive at Blackgate and subdue the League. Ra's states that he is cursed to an eternity and provokes Thomas into killing him, breaking the curse and rendering him a decayed corpse. Thomas decides to continue his vigilantism and decides to go back to killing which Alfred agrees with. Meanwhile, Butch's body is dumped in waters owned by Indian Hill. He is revived with no memory, primitive language, pale skin, and superhuman strength, assuming the name "Solomon Grundy." He encounters and befriends Nygma, who takes him to a wrestling ring where Lee is working as the medic. Sofia attempts to level with Cobblepot and the two begin bonding.
- "Hog Day Afternoon"-A man wearing a pig's head begins killing police officers acting as Cobblepot's bagmen. Deducing that the killer intends to fight corruption, Bullock and Gordon find the latest target, Gordon frees himself before the killer slits Bullock's throat to facilitate his escape. Following Bullock's death, Gordon goes to Thomas telling him that he knows Bullock has been on Cobblepot's payroll and regrets not giving him the chance to cease it. "Professor Pyg" is revealed to have larger-scale plans. Meanwhile, Cobblepot suspects Sofia's intentions and confronts her, but is deceived again when he learns that she has been constructing an orphanage. Nygma begins making money using Gilzean, trying to hire Thompkins to restore his genius. After running out of medicine in her private clinic, she accepts Nygma's offer.
- "A Day In The Narrows"-Pyg kidnaps three officers. Cobblepot and his temporary enforcer Headhunter ally with the GCPD to take down Pyg, disapproved by Thomas, Gordon, and Sofia, who warns Cobblepot of the bad publicity should the alliance fail. They find one officer murdered, and the second one, Fisoli, critically wounded. While Fisoli is taken away in an ambulance, the alliance traps Pyg in an abandoned courthouse with the third officer, Patel. However, it is a trap and Batman shoots Patel. Gordon saves them alone, reclaiming the GCPD's publicity and ruining Cobblepot's. Penguin stabs Headhunter in rage, while Fisoli, revealed to be Pyg in disguise, escapes to enact further plans. The GCPD stops recognizing the License. Thomas decides to give up his vigilantism out of guilt for shooting an innocent man. Alfred decides to keep Thomas' suit in case he reconsiders. In order to make amends with Barbara, Selina and Tabitha steal from a biker's club, accepted by the former.
- "Stop Hitting Yourself"-Barbara, Selina and Tabitha are dispatched by Cobblepot to kidnap Nygma, after learning of his popularity and mocking Cobblepot in the Narrows. Cobblepot also dispatches Bridgit to kill them in case they fail. Arriving, Barbara is distracted by Lee and Tabitha recognizes Gilzean. After Tabitha defeats Gilzean, who begins remembering, in a fight for Nygma, Bridgit arrives, but Lee incapacitates her; she also becomes the new leader of the fights after Cherry is killed by Barbara. Meanwhile, Gordon is offered a promotion to be the new lieutenant of Gotham Central, arranged by Sofia. Meanwhile, Thomas meets reporter Valerie Vale when she and Vic Sage attend a fundraiser at Wayne Manor to raise money for the city's 200th festival. Thomas then develops a romance with Valerie and they take a liking to her, much to the dismay of Sage. Gordon gets an offer from Gotham Central to become the new police lieutenant due to Bullock's death and he agrees to it after visiting Thomas in order to honor his partner. Cobblepot takes advantage of a mentally unstable orphan named Ignatius, and psychologically manipulates him to use his inner and outer demons. Gordon ends his partnership with Sofia.
- "Let Them Eat Pie"-In a plot to launch an attack on Sofia's orphanage, Pyg kills several homeless people and cooks their insides, stuffing them into pies. His base of operations is exposed by the GCPD, prompting Pyg to kidnap Harper, using her as leverage against Lieutenant Gordon. When a dinner at the orphanage rounds up several of the rich and powerful, including Cobblepot, Pyg launches his plan into motion, torturing the rich into cannibalism by way of eating the pies. Gordon is subdued while trying to find Pyg and with Harper's help, he defeats Pyg in combat and arrests him: Cobblepot's friendship with Sofia is ruined when Ignatius, acting as an insider for Cobblepot tells him of her interactions with Gordon, confirming his suspicions. Thomas continues to be in a relationship with Valerie and strains his relationship with Alfred, who insists that Thomas becomes Batman again to assist Gordon against Professor Pyg.
- "Things That Go Boom"-Gordon visits the Pyg in Arkham Asylum, after Fox has realized that the Pyg has undergone numerous facial surgeries. Fox learns that he was a serial killer named Lazlo Valentin. The Pyg later breaks out of Arkham. Valerie becomes upset when she is unable to learn much about Thomas Wayne, due to having had his records erased from the media and so she decides to tail him. Cobblepot confronts Sofia, and has her tortured by Matthew Thorne, one of Cobblepot's assets. However, as part of an intricate plan, Sofia flees but is kidnapped by Barbara, Tabitha and Selina. The four make an alliance and after Zsasz explodes Barbara's safehouse, they use Martin as leverage against Cobblepot, while Gordon learns of Sofia's intentions to use the GCPD against Cobblepot via Gordon's promotion. The two factions meet under a bridge, and Cobblepot fakes Martin's death in a car bombing to force Sofia to retreat, declaring war. The public witnesses the entire event and Thomas flees from the scene with tears from his eyes after seeing Valerie.
- "Queen Takes Knight"-Thomas contemplates to whether or not tell Valerie he was the Batman, Grundy gets kidnapped by Tabitha and is repeatedly hit over the head in an attempt to have him remember her. She ultimately gives up, but Grundy soon awakens, regaining higher speech and remembering his past life as Butch Gilzean. When Thomas is busy contemplating what to do, Alfred brings Valerie into the Batcave, thus, revealing Thomas' secret to her. Enraged that Alfred told Valerie without his permission, Thomas and him in hand-to-hand combat. Thomas then fires Alfred from service in Wayne Manor. Pyg becomes involved in a conspiracy with Sofia to assassinate her aunt Carla Vitti and blame Cobblepot for the hit. After Carla's funeral, Sofia manipulates Gordon into arresting Cobblepot for the supposed murder of Ignatius, and Zsasz, revealed also to be working for Sofia sells him out to the GCPD. Sofia reveals her true motive to not take over Gotham, but to allow Gordon to live with the guilt for killing her brother Mario, also killing Pyg in the process. Carmine Falcone returns to Gotham upon learning that his sister was assassinated. Cobblepot, now mentally unstable and sentenced to Arkham, meets Jerome Valeska.
- "Pieces of A Broken Mirror"-Nygma's dual personality as the Riddler takes control of him, and with his intentions to overthrow Lee as the head of the Narrows, he hires Cosmo Krank to assassinate her while she is giving out a speech to bring about a united Narrows. However, the assassination attempt fails, inciting a bombing instead. At the time of the bombing, several punks encounter a mutated, adult version of Ivy, who has been affected by a culmination of drugs and toxins. Alfred and Lieutenant Gordon help rescue those in the bombing; Alfred is hailed as a hero at a local diner, while Gordon goes to pursue Krank. When Ivy enters the newly rebuilt Sirens nightclub, she reveals her powers to Selina Kyle, and the two make an alliance. Alfred learns that Tiffany, a waitress from the diner has been killed by her abusive boyfriend, Rooney. Although Alfred is framed for the murder, he tracks down Rooney and alongside Bullock, who is now working as a bartender, they have Rooney arrested. When Krank attacks Lee again, Nygma confronts him, not knowing that his Riddler persona hired him before. Gordon, who was led to Krank by Barbara earlier arrives and shoots Krank dead just as he reveals the Riddler's involvement; Nygma lies to Gordon, keeping his involvement a secret. Thomas begins to feel guilty about firing Alfred when he learns that Valerie still wants to be in a relationship with him.
- "Project M"-Ivy begins to investigate "Project M", which is being conducted at Wayne Enterprises and involves the experimentation and deaths of several plants, much to her anger. After she murders a Wayne Enterprises employee, a horrified Selina abandons her. Thomas attempts to convince Alfred to return, but the latter turns him down. Ivy visits Thomas during his dinner with Valerie and poisons him after knocking her out Thomas starts to hallucinate his closest friends and allies along with Batman. Simultaneously, Ivy hypnotizes Lucius and forces him to take her to the laboratory where Project M is being conducted and she collects a sample of the Lazarus water that is being used in the experiments before escaping. Gordon tracks them down and rescues Lucius before collecting the antidote and rescuing Thomas, who believes that he can never escape being Batman. Ivy also uses the Lazarus water to create a new flower that can immediately kill someone upon contact with the petals. Meanwhile, Jerome pesters Oswald in Arkham and he subjects him to numerous humiliating tasks in order to turn him insane and upon learning that Jerome is intending on escaping and wreaking havoc in Gotham, Oswald decides to use that to escape.